[ACLA-CAAL] accepting abstracts for the 2018 LPP Conference in Toronto

oiselpp oise.lpp at utoronto.ca
Mon Dec 11 18:17:03 UTC 2017

**apologies for cross-posting**

Dear colleagues:

We are writing to invite your contributions and/or contributions from your students for the 2018 Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference, to held August 23–25, 2018 at OISE/University of Toronto.

Click here<https://wordpress.oise.utoronto.ca/lpp-conference/submit-an-abstract/> to submit your abstract; more information on the conference can be found below.

In addition to research and practitioner sessions, the conference will feature keynote presentations by Monica Heller (OISE/University of Toronto), Tiffany Lee (University of New Mexico), and Kristin Snoddon (Carleton University), as well as an invited colloquium organized by Enrica Piccardo (OISE/University of Toronto) and Brian North (Research and Consultant with the Council of Europe) on Common European Framework of Reference.

As always, the conference welcomes papers and colloquia from diverse disciplinary perspectives on language policy and planning. For 2018, we are especially interested in work that engages the policy work related to the Indigenous Languages Act in Canada and to indigenous language policy in general, as well as research on language assessment frameworks. We are particularly keen on expanding the practitioner-led sessions at the conference this year.

Please see the Call for Papers<https://wordpress.oise.utoronto.ca/lpp-conference/call-for-papers/> page of our conference website for more complete information.

Otherwise, we welcome you to visit the conference website to submit your abstract<https://wordpress.oise.utoronto.ca/lpp-conference/submit-an-abstract/>. Abstracts are due by February 28, 2018.

We look forward to seeing you in Toronto!

Jeff Bale & Eve Haque

Conference co-chairs