[ACLA-CAAL] FW: ANNOUNCEMENT: Invitation to contribute to an edited volume

Wernicke, Meike meike.wernicke at ubc.ca
Mon Nov 27 06:41:36 UTC 2017

From: AILA Secretary General [mailto:ailasecretary at gmail.com]
Sent: November 7, 2017 9:23 PM
To: secretariat at aila.info
Cc: tianza at bc.edu
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Invitation to contribute to an edited volume
From: Zhongfeng Tian <tianza at bc.edu<mailto:tianza at bc.edu>>
Subject: Invitation to contribute to an edited volume
Laila Aghai (University of Texas at San Antonio), Peter Sayer (The Ohio State University), Jamie Schissel (University of North Carolina at Greensboro), and I (Zhongfeng Tian, Boston College) are putting together a proposal for an edited volume addressing how translanguaging research can impact the field of TESOL.

We would like to invite you to contribute a chapter to a new volume we are editing entitled Envisioning TESOL through a Translanguaging Lens. As you will see in the attached call for chapter proposals, the volume will explore the applications of the concept of translanguaging to diverse TESOL contexts. Because of your recent work in this area, we would be especially interested in including your work in this volume. This can be either a theoretically or empirically oriented.

We have approached Springer, and they have expressed an interest in our proposed idea for such a book. Please feel free to share this call with colleagues.

Thank you for your time. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Zhongfeng Tian

Laila Aghai

Peter Sayer