[ACLA-CAAL] Revised documents for Rochelle Gour's research study

Rochelle Gour rochelle.gour1 at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 29 03:14:14 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues in FSL Education,

My name is Rochelle Gour and I am an Ontario non-native (i.e, French is not my first language) high school teacher. I currently teach Grade 9 core French (i.e., beginner-level French as a second language) in Ontario. I am also a concurrent doctoral student at the University of Calgary (online program) at the Werklund School of Education. Dr. Sylvie Roy is my thesis supervisor.

For my dissertation, I am seeking your assistance in potentially becoming my research participant. I am actively looking for Ontario non-native Grade 9 core French teachers to help me explore cultural education. Specifically, my research is looking to determine how these teachers expose their students to cultural activities in this beginner-level classroom when the educators are not of primary French-speaking backgrounds.

Please review my flyer (i.e., the attached document), to provide you with additional information. My flyer includes a link to my direct survey about cultural education for this program (with the non-native teacher-speaker identity) for your review. I welcome you to review my questionnaire and I would be grateful if you could complete it and provide me with the appropriate consent. You may wish to continue as an official participant for 2 interviews with me, and then one online focus group with fellow teachers.

Please do not hesitate in emailing me at rochelle.gour1 at ucalgary.ca<mailto:rochelle.gour1 at ucalgary.ca> with any questions.

In faith,

Rochelle Gour
EdD candidate & member of the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
416.709.6822

Rochelle Gour

EdD candidate, MA, OCT

416.709.6822