[ACLA-CAAL] leadership opportunity in EAL support at SFU

Roumi Ilieva rilieva at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 17 17:31:55 UTC 2019

Dear ACLA members,
Please see below for a job opportunity at SFU with a deadline for applications July 3.

Simon Fraser University is searching for an Associate Director for English as an Additional Language Initiatives, within its newly formed Centre for Educational Excellence (CEE). SFU has been named Canada’s top comprehensive university 10 out of the past 11 years. Its vision is to be the leading engaged university defined by its dynamic integration of innovative education, cutting-edge research, and far-reaching community engagement.

The Associate Director will develop and advance an EAL strategy for SFU, in collaboration with other stakeholders on campus, and build a team to provide language development support.  This role is a crucial component of SFU’s commitment to supporting the learning experience of our students, and our commitment to international and multilingual learners. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team-builder with experience in language development and support at the post-secondary level.

The posting for this opportunity is on our Human Resources website:  http://www.sfu.ca/humanresources.html
or https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=1257
Closing date is July 3rd.  Questions and inquiries can be addressed to Elizabeth Elle, Associate Vice-President, Learning and Teaching (avplt at sfu.ca<mailto:avplt at sfu.ca>).

Roumi Ilieva, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Faculty of Education
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
CANADA

rilieva at sfu.ca
phone: 778-782-4570
fax:   778-782-4203

At Simon Fraser University, we live and work on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Səlil̓wətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), and Kwikwetlem (kʷikʷəƛ̓əm) Nations.