[ACLA-CAAL] Call for Proposals Psychology of Language Learning conference, Cape Breton June 2020

Peter MacIntyre Peter_MacIntyre at cbu.ca
Mon May 27 15:07:41 UTC 2019

Dear friends and colleagues,
The fourth international Psychology of Language Learning conference (PLL4) will be held at Cape Breton University, Sydney, Nova Scotia CANADA based on the theme "Currents and Waves." We welcome proposals on a wide range of topics relating to the many long-running currents of thought and new waves of research about psychology of language learning with emphasis on the development of second or foreign languages.
We are proud to announce the following outstanding plenary speakers:
Richard Clément, University of Ottawa, Canada
Sarah Mercer, University of Graz, Austria
Jean-Marc Dewaele, Birkbeck College, University of London, UK
Tammy Gregersen, American University of Sharjah, UAE
Luke Plonsky, Northern Arizona, USA
Diane Larsen-Freeman, University of Michigan, USA

We welcome 300-word proposals from researchers and educators working in all contexts. We particularly encourage submissions from graduate students, early career researchers and educators. PLL4, with its emphasis on forming connections among teachers and researchers around the world, will be an ideal venue for presenting research in progress and also practical applications of theoretical concepts.
A day-long event, "Mobilizing Positive Psychology in SLA," will feature plenary speakers, presentations of completed projects, works-in progress and new projects as idea posters that focus on the theme of positive psychology in SLA.
Submission System Opens: May 15, Deadline: September 15, 2019
URL for Submissions:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pll4
Notice of Acceptance: End of October 2019.
Mobilizing Positive Psychology Pre-Conference, June 24, 2020
Main PLL4 Conference, June 25 - 27, 2020
For complete submission guidelines and to access the link to submit a proposal go to:  www.iapll.com<http://www.iapll.com>/pll4.
Please email queries to: PLL4.conference at gmail.com<mailto:PLL4.conference at gmail.com>
We look forward to welcoming you to beautiful Cape Breton Island in June 2020, come early and stay a while! First time visitors to Cape Breton are encouraged to visit www.cbisland.com<http://www.cbisland.com> to see what this beautiful island has to offer.

Peter MacIntyre, Professor Cape Breton Univ.
Conference Organizer
Psychology of Language Learning
Sydney, NS, Canada (June 2020)