[ACLA-CAAL] Friendly Reminder: Call for Paper LPP2020 (Feb 29 deadline)

Angelica Galante, Dr angelica.galante at mcgill.ca
Sun Feb 23 20:12:54 UTC 2020

Friendly Reminder: Call for Papers for the

2020 Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language
Policy and Planning Conference
(LPP2020) - Deadline Feb 29

Dates & Location
August 20-22, 2020

McGill University’s Faculty of Education

Montréal, QC, Canada

Invited Plenary Speakers

Nancy H. Hornberger (University of Pennsylvania)

H. Samy Alim (University of California, Los Angeles)

Patricia Lamarre (Université de Montréal)

Invited Plurilingual Colloquium

A needed shift in language education: Action rather than ‘perfection’

Enrica Piccardo, Brian North, Kristin Snoddon, Danielle Hunter, Mirela Cherciov, Mary Grantham O’Brian, and Diane Querrien

Call for Papers
Watch our video invitation<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6btNRkjlS0> and visit the conference website<https://lpp2020.weebly.com/> for complete information about the Call for Papers<https://lpp2020.weebly.com/call-for-papers.html>. This year, LPP2020 will be introducing the Plurilingual Experience: we will accept submissions of abstracts written in English or French (Canada's official languages) but papers can be delivered in any language.

We welcome papers, discussion sessions, colloquia, and poster presentations on a wide variety of topics related to language policy scholarship; see the Call for Papers webpage for complete information.

Additionally, we plan to propose an edited volume in the Journal of Belonging, Identity, Language and Diversity - J-BILD<http://bild-lida.ca/journal/> that compiles high quality papers from LPP2020 conference presenting critical perspectives on the future of the field.

We look forward to seeing you in Montréal next August!

Kind regards,

Dr. Mela Sarkar and Dr. Angelica Galante (McGill University, Co-chairs)
BILD<http://bild-lida.ca/> Research Group (Co-organizer)

The 2020 Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference (LPP2020)
https://lpp2020.weebly.com/
https://www.facebook.com/LPPConference
https://twitter.com/LPPConference
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeeSpytc-R5zGeXkLI8VbHA