[ACLA-CAAL] Association for Canadian-Studies in the United States - biennial conference 2021

Christina Keppie keppiec at wwu.edu
Wed Jul 8 14:06:45 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Association for Canadian Studies in the United States (ACSUS), it is my great pleasure as the Vice President of ACSUS to announce that the Association will host its 26th biennial conference, October 21-24, 2021, in Washington, DC. The conference is open to all proposals with a significant Canadian focus. We welcome papers and panel proposals from graduate students, professors, independent scholars, and practitioners on all diverse and critical perspectives related to the theme, ‘Canada: Near and Far’.

Please see the attached Call for Papers in both French and English for more details, including submission instructions. Proposals will be accepted through April 1, 2021.

It is with much appreciation that I ask of you to circulate this call for papers to your members, faculty, graduate students, or other interested parties and individuals. It is our hope that 2021 brings new perspectives, approaches, panels, and presenters to our beloved ACSUS conference.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.

Yours sincerely,
Christina Keppie

[Western logo]<https://www.wwu.edu/>

Christina Keppie | she/her/hers
Director, Center of Canadian-American Studies
Professor of French
Center for Canadian-American Studies<https://canam.wwu.edu/>
Department of Modern and Classical Languages<https://chss.wwu.edu/mcl>
Offices: Canada House 106 / Miller Hall 215D
Western Washington University
516 High Street, Bellingham WA 98225
christina.keppie at wwu.edu<mailto:christina.keppie at wwu.edu>
360-650-3930

Western Washington University is situated on the ancestral homelands of the Lummi Nation and Nooksack Tribe. Coast Salish Peoples have lived in the Salish Sea basin from time immemorial.