[ACLA-CAAL] UBC LLED Graduate Student Conference Call for Proposals

serikbol at student.ubc.ca serikbol at student.ubc.ca
Wed Dec 21 01:14:56 UTC 2022

[cid:71e5d234-d718-4022-95bb-c0cec2ee22c6]

Hello colleagues,

Happy winter holidays. Please, spread the word among your graduate students.

The Department of Language and Literacy Education at the University of British Columbia is happy to announce the upcoming LLED Graduate Student Conference!

Language and Literacy Education: Creating Access For All

The LLED Graduate Student Conference is a biannual, student-led academic conference. The conference is designed to provide opportunities for graduate students to gain conference experience, to share their work, and to receive useful feedback from peers/conference participants. It’s an opportunity to celebrate and showcase the diversity of research in language, literacy, and education while also strengthening our collaborative links with other UBC departments and local institutions. The LLED Graduate Student Conference will take place on April 28th and 29th in the PCOH building. In addition to LLED students, we will have presentations from plenary speakers, such as Dr. Angel Lin, and visiting students from universities in Canada and beyond!

<https://lledgpa.wixsite.com/2023-conference>

Keep up with the conference, register to attend, or submit a proposal on our website!<https://lledgpa.wixsite.com/2023-conference>

Call for Proposals

If you would like to participate by presenting at the LLED Graduate Student Conference, you can submit your proposal now for either a workshop or research-focused presentation. You may choose to present for 20 or 40 minutes. Please note that your presentation does not have to exclusively be about data you have collected; presentations may include research proposals, future projects, literature reviews on relevant topics, and/or previously conducted research. We will be accepting proposals until February 15th, 2023.

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0aAj18wvrvhhJCEZer2EZFZ40bMZHJEyiqsvnnCp2hhjd5Q/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Click here to submit your proposal today!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0aAj18wvrvhhJCEZer2EZFZ40bMZHJEyiqsvnnCp2hhjd5Q/viewform>

We hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Serikbolsyn Tastanbek (he/him/his)

PhD student in TESL | Graduate Peer Advisor

Department of Language and Literacy Education, Faculty of Education

The University of British Columbia |  Musqueam Traditional Territory

LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/serikbolsyn-tastanbek-416591151/> Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=rnAwvfMAAAAJ>