[ACLA-CAAL] REMINDER: Call for proposals - Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching (PSLLT) Conference 2022 hosted by Brock University, Canada.

Ron Thomson rthomson at brocku.ca
Fri Jan 7 18:23:30 UTC 2022

Dear ACLA/CAAL community,

Happy New Year!

We would like to remind you that the call for proposals for the 13th Annual Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching Conference closes on Feb 4, 2022.  At this point we are still planning for an in-person conference, anticipating that the current Omicron wave will be in our rear view mirror by June (based on the pattern of previous waves).  In the event COVID restrictions prevent an in-person gathering, our plan would be to pivot to a fully online conference, still giving participants sufficient time to adjust to the change.  We look forward to receiving your abstracts, and we hope to see you in person!

Best wishes,

Ron Thomson, Tracey Derwing, John Levis and Andrew Lee
PSLLT 2022 Conference Co-organizers
https://brocku.ca/psllt-2022
Call for presentation proposals
13TH ANNUAL PRONUNCIATION IN SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING AND TEACHING CONFERENCE

JUNE 16-18, 2022 @ BROCK UNIVERSITY, ST. CATHARINES, NIAGARA REGION, ONTARIO, CANADA

Plenary Speaker: Malgorzata Baran-Łucarz (University of Wroclaw, Poland)

Conference website: https://brocku.ca/psllt-2022

Conference Theme: Learning and Teaching Pronunciation in Diverse Contexts.

The 13th annual PSLLT Conference seeks proposals for L2 pronunciation for all second languages and contexts, but especially for papers that help elucidate  variation in learner needs and outcomes across diverse contexts. Together, we are hoping conference papers will reveal the extent to which currently dominant approaches to pronunciation apply across contexts and how lessons from less common contexts of learning may inform these dominant paradigms. Such papers may be related to:

  *   Pronunciation learning and teaching in second language contexts, including heritage language contexts
  *   Pronunciation learning and teaching in Indigenous language contexts
  *   Pronunciation learning and teaching in foreign language contexts
  *   Pronunciation learning and teaching in English as a Lingua Franca contexts
  *   Pronunciation learning and teaching in the classroom, either as a stand-alone class or integrated into the larger curriculum
  *   Pronunciation in professional contexts (e.g., law, medicine, educational settings)
  *   Pronunciation learning in naturalistic settings, absent explicit instruction
  *   Pronunciation learning and teaching in laboratory settings
  *   Pronunciation learning with technology

The Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching Conference invites proposals for three main types of presentations: Oral presentations (20 minutes +5 minutes of questions), posters (a dedicated 90-minute poster presentation session), and Teaching Tips (7-minute, evidence-based pedagogical approaches to teaching pronunciation).  The call for presentation proposals is now open and will close on Feb 4, 2022.   Please keep proposal abstracts to a maximum of 250 words. Notifications of acceptance will be made by early March, 2022.

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT<https://old.linguistlist.org/confservices/EasyAbs/customabssub.cfm?emeetingid=5902JA445876785A40A050441>