has my back

Steve Geiger srgeiger at STUDENTS.WISC.EDU
Thu Apr 29 05:19:14 UTC 1999

I haven't looked it up for a true citation, but I would think that it comes
from the action/drama television and movie circuit.  It would be a parallel
phrase to "I've got you covered," as in when someone is running out into a
stream of bullets or something.