bogart

Bob Haas rahaas at UNCG.EDU
Thu Apr 29 15:03:18 UTC 1999

As a child of the 70s and a confirmed Little Feat fan--they did a mean
rendition of "Don't Bogart that Joint, My Friend" on the live album WAITING
FOR COLUMBUS--I always thought that it meant "to hog."  In the song, the
imperitive is "pass it over," which is not an anti-slobber directive.  But to
be fair, I've also been involved in this slobber-hog debate.

--

Bob Haas
Department of English

                   "No matter where you go, there you are."