AMERICAN BUSINESS JARGON by W. Davis Folsom

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 2 00:16:47 UTC 1999

    In today's (1 August 1999) New York Times, Business Section, pg. 6, col.
5, is "Counting Coinages In Jargon."  The article gives free advertisement to
"a modest jargon Web site, www.duesouth.net/~dfolsom," by W. Davis Folsom, a
business professor at the University of South Carolina-Aiken.
    He wrote UNDERSTANDING AMERICAN BUSINESS JARGON: A DICTIONARY in 1997,
but has recently updated it with more than 500 terms.
     I looked at the terms on his "modest" site--many of the terms have
appeared in ATNW, and many are terms I've worked on ("Big Board," for
example).  I don't think he's an ADS member--must be the $35 dues.
    He probably hasn't even heard of the ADS, or me.  It's embarrassing to
introduce him to what he's missing...