Abraham Lincolns tone of voice and accent

Russ McClay mcclay at PROQC.COM.TW
Thu Aug 19 16:17:54 UTC 1999

PTcurtis at AOL.COM wrote:

> I have always been curious as to how the Gettysburg address may have actually
> sounded when delivered by President Lincoln. Does any one know of any studies
> that may be able to reconstruct Lincolns voice based on stories and more
> scientific studies of his throat structure from photographs and dialect of
> his era and locality.

Having just sat through Great Moments with Mr Lincoln at
Disneyland and looking at the exhibits about how the project
was developed I would imagine dialect was an important part of
the work.

Russ