on-line dialects archive

Paul Meier pmeier at EAGLE.CC.UKANS.EDU
Fri Aug 20 02:07:31 UTC 1999

I invite your perusal of and suggestions about  a small prototype
project here at the University of Kansas.  We have called it IDEA
(International Dialects of English Archive) and it may be found at
www.ukans.edu/~idea  Please bear in mind that the primary constituents
for this service are theatre and film artists.  Although it has been put
together on a shoestring budget, if  IDEA can accommodate in its future
development the needs of more diverse and more scholarly research
agendas, that would please us too.  All comments and suggestions
gratefully received off-line.

Paul Meier
Associate Professor
Theatre and Film