geek out

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Tue Dec 7 09:22:57 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Richardson <prichard at LINFIELD.EDU>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Monday, December 06, 1999 2:08 PM
Subject: geek out

>Have we seen "geek out?" Here's a recent note from our campus webmaster:
>
>My hope is to compile contact lists based on what people do for their web
>pages. This way I can group the web designers together and really geek out
>without irritating the rest of the college.
>
>Peter Richardson

>From the Jargon File:

geek out

----
 geek out /vi./ To temporarily enter techno-nerd mode while in a non-hackish
context, for example at parties held near computer equipment. Especially
used when you need to do or say something highly technical and don't have
time to explain: "Pardon me while I geek out for a moment." See computer
geek; see also propeller head.