Tivoli Majors engtmajo at JINX.UMSL.EDU
Wed Dec 15 19:57:02 UTC 1999

        I received an inquiry today and wonder if someone could help. Someone
asked me if there is a way of referring to the beginning portion of names
like MacDonald, McCarthy, O'Neill, etc. Does anyone know of a term to
describe these parts of names?

Any responses can be addressed to: janice.white at

-Tivoli Majors

More information about the Ads-l mailing list