Funeralize (continued)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 18 20:16:44 UTC 1999

FUNERALIZE (continued)

    A New York Times obituary late this week (Wed?  Thurs? Fri?) of a disc
jockey mentioned his colorful language and that he used the word
"funeralize."  Re-read our past discussion and check out this item.

PERSONAL (VIETNAM & CAMBODIA TRIP)

    I will not be in Chicago for the MLA.  As I've said here before, I had
planned to lecture on the origin of "the Windy City," but the May 4, 1999
Chicago Tribune blunder and the failure of that newspaper to listen to me at
all has forced my hand.  I'm banned from Chicago forever.
    I will be in Vietnam and Cambodia from Saturday, December 18--Sunday,
January 9.  I'll see the world-famous Angkor Wat, and see maybe the John
McCain Presidential Suite, but was told to stay away from Asian women.  I'll
pass the Vietnamese spring rolls and will tell everyone that "I served in
Vietnam."
    For those keeping score of my past 2 years of travel outside the U.S. and
Canada:  Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Easter
Island, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Turkey, Cyprus,
Syria, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe,
Botswana, India, Nepal, Singapore, Cambodia, and Vietnam.