Vagueware

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Thu Jul 1 01:10:10 UTC 1999

On Wednesday, June 30, 1999, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>      Vagueware--according to my colleague--is something that gets announced
>at PC Expos, even if it's a L-O-N-G way off.  It's a way to impress the
>market and scare off competition.

There may be another nuance to it: vagueware is announced by the marketing department, and the engineers may know nothing about it. It reads more like a list of goals than a product spec sheet.

Contrast and compare with vaporware, which we've discussed before.

--
Grant Barrett

World New York:  http://www.worldnewyork.com/
The best bits from the nation’s best digital publications. Updated daily, and now with significant items from beyond provincial New York City.