Technical term for?

Kathleen Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Fri Jul 16 22:07:43 UTC 1999

We were wondering here if there was a more technical term for Mondegreen.

If you haven't seen it yet - Bob Woodward in his new book Shadow, refers on
page 411 (I think) to "the Clara Bow syndrome, named after the 1920's film star
who couldn't say no" as opposed to the Clerambault Syndrome - named after the
psychologist who first diagnosed this form of erotomania.

Mondegreen or Folk Etymology?  Really dumb mistake?  (or am I completely
mistaken and there is a Clara Bow syndrome that some people are running around

Any help would be greatly appreciated --



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the Ads-l mailing list