Pederasty in VERBATIM

Ron Butters RonButters at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 7 14:26:19 UTC 1999

In a message dated 6/6/99 4:14:22 PM, preston at PILOT.MSU.EDU writes:

<< (Now for real confusion, I bet y'all Northerners don't know who's looking
for what in such utterances as "I'm going to get me some cock.") >>

When I first came to Duke, I met several male students from rural North
Carolina who used COCK in the way that Dennis suggests. This caused
considerable confusion for them in casual conversations with their Yankee
roommates, for whom COCK refers only to male genitalia.

My sense is that this particular dialect difference has been leveled in the
last 154 years or so, among the youth.