coasters

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon Jun 7 21:30:00 UTC 1999

Grant Barrett <gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG> writes

Regarding a posting about CD-ROM burners I made a while ago, here's a term
I like a lot: coasters. It refers to CDs that do not burn properly and are,
therefore, of no use except perhaps as drink coasters.
<<<

Around here we also call them frisbees.

I figure they can also be useful as reflectors in a solar-power unit, although I
have never made one.

See, if you feel so inclined,
http://world.std.com/~mam/filks/JunkMail.html

    Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist & Manager of Acoustic Data
  Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Dragon Systems, Inc. : 617 796-0267
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/