Luppies; Me Tarzan, You Jane

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 21 17:59:11 UTC 1999

LUPPIES

    In today's New York Post, there's a review of the magazine LATINA
(intended for Latin women).  It's stated that the magazine is intended for
"luppies."  These would be, I guess, Latin "yuppies."
    There is no "luppy" in the RHHDAS H-O.
    There were five hits on www.deja.com for "luppies."  All of them were for
"lesbian yuppies."  One hit was part of an interesting 11-28-98 posting
titled "Gay Slang."
    So what it is--are "luppies" Latin, lesbian, or both?

ME TARZAN, YOU JANE

    I saw the latest Disney film, TARZAN.  It takes place in Africa, yet not
one character speaks with an African dialect!  Rosie O'Donnell's voice is
used--it must be for the Long Island part of Africa.
    Also, lots of gorillas in Africa speak entirely in American slang.
    I'll go to Africa on Friday, July 2, to check it out.