Boy Meets Girl, etc.

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Sat May 22 12:21:39 UTC 1999

Here's a twist on the phrase, from
http://www.salonmagazine.com/people/col/cruic/1999/05/22/pickle/index1.html

It's no surprise, I suppose, that Pickle Packers International has little interest in linear narrative and formulas for dramatic structure. If it did, the group's press materials would have included this well-known recipe for the classic story (the author of which time and toxins have erased from my memory, though it sounds like something Nelson Algren might have said): "1. Boy meets girl. 2. Girl gets boy into pickle. 3. Boy gets pickle into girl."