eye candy

Barry A. Popik Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon May 31 17:33:56 UTC 1999

    Greetings from a java shop on Hollywood Boulevard.
    I walked past a store on this little block called "Eye Candy."  It was
not far away from Frederick's of Hollywood, and appeared to sell the same
sort of frilly undergarments.  Of course, my etymological interest was peaked
and I walked in.
    I asked the woman who worked there how long the store had been named "Eye
Candy," but it had been named that for only a year.

--Barry Popik
(Speaking of candy--the DSNA bownies were excellent!)