VIPS and Chip's

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 2 20:17:13 UTC 1999

VIPS AND CHIP'S

   Greetings from a small town outside of Guadalajara, Mexico.
   The Mexican restaurant chains are:

VIPS (not VIP'S)
Sanborns (not Sanborn's)

   There are various munchies here, such as Doritos and Frit-os (I thought it was Fritos).  A company called Barcel puts out a popular potato chip brand called "Chip's."
   Chip's?
   Are they made by some Mexican guy named Chip??
   Call them at 01 800 71 868 68 to complain or to get them to explain.

CANDIDE SHOPPED HERE

   Sign in a local shop:

Bazar Barrera
Los mejores clientes del mundo pasan por aqui
The best world's customers pass through here

   I didn't buy anything.

VIRTUOUS CYCLES OF SYNCHRONIZED EGGS

   The NEWS reported Greenspan as saying "virtuous circles"--twice, in two separate stories.
   Yes, I meant synchronized eggs.  (It's a new Olympic event.)  The other popular way to serve eggs is Eggs Rancheros.  I'll look into that.