Mexican shoes; Mexican ice cream

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 4 01:15:57 UTC 1999

MEXICAN SHOES

   Mexicans love their shoes, and it appears that they use American slang to name them.
   There are shoe stores everywhere!  Sometimes there are four of them in a row!
   Large stores include Canada (based in Guadalajara) and 3 Hermanos.
   Canada has a shoe called Yuppie.
   Dog names are very popular for shoes.  A popular brand is called Dingo.  I'll write down the others when I see the next 3 Hermanos.  Is this from Hush Puppies and the U.S. slang for "dog," or have the Spanish always used this?

MEXICAN ICE CREAM

   Nestle Helados offers:

Copa fiesta
Bogart