Christian suggestion

A. Maberry maberry at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Nov 8 22:39:48 UTC 1999

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Amy Speed wrote:

> church member (any church) does not make one a Christian. By my definition,
> Christianity is not something you are born into, such as Judaism or Islam.

My understanding is that one is considered to be Jewish if their parents
or at least their mother is Jewish. They are not exactly born practicing
the religion Judaism, although they can be said to be ethnically Jewish.

The case of Islam is exactly the same as that of Christianity. No one is
born a Muslim, only of parents who are Muslim. And, unlike the case of
Judaism, both "Muslim" and "Christian" imply absolutely no ethnic
identity.

Allen
maberry at u.washington.edu