Christian suggestion

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Tue Nov 9 13:16:37 UTC 1999

Bruce Dykes wrote:

> From: Lynne Murphy <M_Lynne_Murphy at baylor.edu>

>>I've also been trying to popularize . . . "apathetic" as a religious
>>term on the model of "agnostic" and "atheist".  An apathetic is a person
>>who doesn't care whether there's a god.

> I've been using 'apatheist' for that...

> bkd

Sounds sort of like my way of declining a proffered cup of coffee:
"Sorry,
my religion doesn't let me drink coffee.  You see, I'm an Orthodox
Hedonist
and coffee gives me no pleasure."

I never figured out how coffee could smell so good and taste so bad.

-- mike salovesh                    <salovesh at niu.edu>
PEACE !!!

P.S.: Lynne and Bruce, "apatheist" is not quite the term that first
comes to
mind.  I have friends who are "constipationists": they just don't give a
s...