Brew haha!

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Tue Nov 9 22:46:31 UTC 1999

On Tuesday, November 9, 1999, A. Vine <avine at ENG.SUN.COM> wrote:
>I didn't say proofread, I said spell-check, which is darn fast.  Admittedly, the
>"flamingo" won't be caught by a brain-dead spell-checker, but "brue-ha-ha" would
>be.  Download a free copy of Netscape Communicator, load your page into Page
>Composer, and click "Spell".

Only spell-checkers don't necessarily offer a replacement word for that particular
spelling (I just checked two that didn't) even if they catch it,  whatever clown is at
the keyboard may let it slide without further effort.

I am completely on your side.

--
Grant Barrett

http://www.worldnewyork.com/