coffee (was: Re: Christian suggestion)

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Wed Nov 10 16:58:27 UTC 1999

Mike Salovesh wonders:

I never figured out how coffee could smell so good and taste so bad.
<<<<<

It's because nobody (typically) bothers to clean the works properly, and often a
pot is left on the heat, cooking.

I'm generally a tea drinker, but since a co-worker gave me a taste of what he
brewed from ground coffee in his Bodum(TM) press, I've had one of my own. I keep
it clean, I brew mine fresh, and it tastes *good*!

Now, though, one of the local connoisseurs has been singing the praises of
keeping whole beans and grinding them fresh for each cup...

-- Mark