male pattern baldness (was Re: Chick)

Gregory {Greg} Downing gd2 at IS2.NYU.EDU
Fri Nov 12 20:39:16 UTC 1999

At 03:13 PM 11/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>would fat women sound more attractive if we described
>then as suffering from, say, "female pattern fatness"?
>
>Bethany

I meant to add, on the euphemism/science/abstractness front ----

I have read discussions of the supposedly differential anatomical locations
in which males and felames supposedly tend to store supererogatory adiposity
and lipidity. I bet if you searched the medical and pop-medical literature
on obesity and related issues from the last couple of decades you'd find
phrasing very much like the above, for both sexes.

Best, Greg D.

Greg Downing/NYU, at greg.downing at nyu.edu or gd2 at is2.nyu.edu