Writing question

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue Nov 16 21:20:37 UTC 1999

Greg Pulliam <greg at PULLIAM.ORG> writes:

There are such studies--and I can't find them right now.  But I'm
pretty sure they support the claim that all upper case is harder to
read.

This is strange to me, because at the 4 radio and 2 television
stations I used to work for, copy was always produced in all caps, on
the stated premise that it was easier to see.
<<<<<

Maybe only because typewritten caps are bigger than typewritten lowercase
letters. Additionally/alternatively*, that may have been simply an unsupported
assumption.

* The pedant's sentence-initial adverbial form of "and/or".

-- Mark