the verb gank

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Thu Nov 18 16:52:21 UTC 1999

From: Becca Greenhill <LilacRaven at AOL.COM>

: I have never heard the verb "gank" used to describe the act of
: borrowing or stealing.  I have several friends in Northeastern KY and
: Southern WV who use the word "cabbage" in that way.  "Who cabbaged my
: lighter?"

Verbs i've heard around the BYU campus for the same concept (low-level
stealing) are "kife" and "bogart". I'ven't heard "gank" yet, but i'll keep
my ears open.

David Bowie                                       Department of English
Assistant Professor                            Brigham Young University
db.list at pmpkn.net              http://humanities.byu.edu/faculty/bowied
   The opinions stated here are not necessarily those of my employer