Hella good Thanksgiving!

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Wed Nov 24 20:33:55 UTC 1999

On Wednesday, November 24, 1999, AAllan at AOL.COM wrote:
>Has anybody commented on the complimentary epithet "hella good"? Seems to be
>among young people on the Pacific Coast.
>- Allan Metcalf

We've got a few mentions of "hella" in various contexts in the ADS-L archive.

Hella, for me, has been one of those words writers use consciously, kind of like the
word "redux." Of course, it's because the word is outside of my peer group and
social circle; the most likely way I would encounter such words is via writing.

Some of the more pertinent posts: