spendy

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Sat Nov 27 18:28:42 UTC 1999

It's not in the dictionary; but people in Washington State, and Oregon, and
Idaho, and Montana, and maybe Minnesota know what "spendy" means = expensive.
Examples:

   Faribault County, Minnesota: "I voted for Arne Carlson because he is a
good businessman and reigned in our spendy legislature for two terms and
turned up a surplus."
   Boise, Idaho: "Kempthorne Plan May Be Too Spendy, Some Critics Say."
   Seattle: "Ferry Ramp Proves Spendy Folly."
   Portland, Oregon: "Parking Overtime in Portland Gets Spendy."

Is that the right limit of distribution? Anybody speak of "spendy" in the
south or east?

- Allan Metcalf