Wah-Wah-Wes

Lynne Murphy M_Lynne_Murphy at BAYLOR.EDU
Mon Nov 29 04:31:03 UTC 1999

Grant Barrett wrote:
This particularly bit--"Wah-Wah-Wes"--was repopularized this summer via the flop

> movie "Wild Wild West," and is a chorus sampled or borrowed from a song that was big in
> the Eighties. I dunno who sang it, but some of the lyrics:
>
> Guns
> We don't like to use them
> Unless
> Our enemies choose them.
> We prefer
> To fight you all like a man
> And beat you down
> With our hands
> In the Wild Wild West.

The band was Escape Club and thanks A LOT for getting that stupid song going over and over
in my head!

AIGH!  UGH!  ACK!
Lynne

--

M. Lynne Murphy, Assistant Professor in Linguistics
Department of English, Baylor University