Freshman Fifteen

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Tue Oct 5 00:11:51 UTC 1999

Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> FRESHMAN FIFTEEN
>
>     CNN's _Your Health_ did a piece about students going to college for the
> first time.  Many acquire the "freshman fifteen"--added pounds.  I recall
> something like this in my college days, but not the exact term.  I don't have
> the RHHDAS handy.

In my day (about 20 years ago) it was known as the "freshman ten".  Apparently
the food has gotten more plentiful/caloric and/or the exercise opportunites have
decreased.
--
Andrea Vine
Sun-Netscape Alliance messaging i18n architect
avine at eng.sun.com
I always wanted to be an architect. }sigh{  Of course, I _am_ an architect.