intrusive schwa

Patrick Courts courts at AIT.FREDONIA.EDU
Wed Oct 6 12:34:30 UTC 1999

I have both "t"s and the "c":  ant ark tica

At 11:38 AM 10/05/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Dennis R. Preston wrote:
>>
>> dInIs (who has only one "t" in Antarctica, let alone no "c")
>>

>That's the way I pronounce it--is there another way?
>
>Allen
>maberry at u.washington.edu

Pat

Please Note: I must use a voice software program that sometimes
mis-translates what I say, or mistakes my breathing for words and inserts
things like "of, in, the" etc. In the rush of doing e-mail I sometimes miss
these errors in my proof reading. My apologies.

Patrick L. Courts
Professor of English
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
e-mail:  courts at ait.fredonia.edu

http://www.fredonia.edu/department/english/courts/