plausible?

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Wed Oct 6 13:39:44 UTC 1999

On Tuesday, October 05, 1999, Andrea Vine <avine at NETSCAPE.COM>
wrote:

>Interestingly enough, it looks like dialects in the media are
on the rise in
>Britain.  It seems people in the BBC are increasingly retaining
their native
>dialects, or at least a standard version of their native
dialects, e.g.
>Scottish, Irish, and Indian.  I have yet to hear Welsh, West
Country, Yorkshire,
>or Cockney, though, so I suspect there are limits.

Nice, isn't is? I think this has been going on for at least a
couple of years. There are even news readers with non-Empire
accents appearing.

--
Grant Barrett

World New York