whenever

Thu Oct 7 03:15:18 UTC 1999

In a message dated 10/6/1999 5:35:49 PM, ronnieg at STARGATE.NET writes:

<< "Whenever" is used as "when" in the south, but more so by the older

generation, I believe.  Children do hear this usage from their grandparents

and 'learn' repeat it that way until someone tells them differently. >>

EVERWHEN is an alternative form of WHENEVER (e.g., "You can come to my house
everwhen you want"); I'm a little less sure about WHENEVER for WHEN, though.
Could you give us an example? Would one of the old folks say, e.g., "Whenever
I was I little boy, we didn't have indoor plumbing"?