Nerdocracy; Nerderati

Ken Miller bookrat at BOOKRAT.COM
Fri Oct 8 17:49:14 UTC 1999

A couple of online citations from today's reading:

Andrew Leonard, "Technology Log", Salon Magazine
<http://www.salon.com/tech/log/1999/10/08/geek_journalism/index.html>

"Censorship of the nerdocracy or a giant leap forward for collaborative
online journalism?"

Robert X. Cringely, "I, Cringely: The Pulpit"
<http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit19991007.html>

"This is an interesting idea but ultimately flawed, I think. The only way
to write the news is to write the news. You have to do it the best that you
can then take the heat, because the censorship of the nerderati is still
censorship. That's why newspapers make corrections."

Ken Miller
Assistant Drone
Johnson Institute for the Study of Harmless Drudgery