TERM: eurotrash

Paul Frank Franktranslation at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 12 17:49:10 UTC 1999

Fred R. Shapiro writes:

>  I suspect the etymology is Euro + trash.  Or are you looking for dating of
>  first use, or a precise explanation of why there is a negative stereotype
>  of a certain kind of vaguely European person?

I'm looking for dating and ideally source of first use, but that may be
asking too much. Nope, I'm not looking for an explanation of why people say
eurotrash, eurofag, eurobrat, and the like -- though if you have one it might
be interesting to hear it, especially sitting on this side of the brine :-)

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Frank
English translation from French, German,
Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch
Fax: +33 450 70 99 34 || Phone: +33 450 70 99 90
franktranslation at aol.com || Thollon, Haute-Savoie, France