Lexis-Nexis

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTK.EDU
Thu Oct 14 15:55:16 UTC 1999

It has been suggested that academic versions of Lexis-Nexis search only
the first 2 paragraphs of documents. That has not seemed to be my
exerience here at UT (i.e., I sometimes find terms that are contained only
in the closing paragraphs of documents) and I am trying to find out what
in fact is true.  The online description of our academic versions includes
this statement:

Lexis-Nexis Academic UNIVerse is a Web-based interface to a subset of the
Lexis-Nexis fulltext information service. It provides fulltext access to
nearly 5,000 English language sources, including newspapers,
magazines, trade journals, wire services, broadcast transcripts, business
directories, SEC documents, corporate profiles, and legal information.

What are others finding?

Bethany