Universal Networking Language

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Fri Oct 15 01:25:49 UTC 1999

On Thursday, October 14, 1999, A. Vine <avine at ENG.SUN.COM>
wrote:
>Grant Barrett wrote:
>>
>> See also the discussion at Slashdot
>http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/10/13/0915241&mode=flat
>>
>> Lots of misinformation and uninformed opinions, but
interesting to linguists, I think.

>And history repeats itself.  Again.

Do you mean Esperanto? Or do you mean we've seen this article
here before?

If Esperanto, well, this looks like it might be machine-level
translation. One wouldn't ever actually speak the Universal
Networking Language. I guess you know this, seeing as how you're a
computer-y type.

If you mean we've seen this before, well, I was also interesting
in "enconverter" and "deconverter."

--
Grant Barrett

World New York