a new dialect to master...

Aaron E. Drews aaron at LING.ED.AC.UK
Sat Oct 16 18:28:45 UTC 1999

> I look forward to learning new things to appreciate about US English by
> learning how it contrasts with UK English...

For what it's worth, I've got an American <-> British 'dictionary' on my
webpage: http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~aaron/amlish.html.  It has most of the
big ones that the list would be aware of, and a number of smaller ones that
you wouldn't think about until you're in the shop and can't find that
oh-so-vital item.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron E. Drews                               The University of Edinburgh
http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~aaron          Departments of English Language
aaron at ling.ed.ac.uk                                      and Linguistics

 "MERE ACCUMULATION OF OBSERVATIONAL EVIDENCE IS NOT PROOF"
  --Death