"Joe Bag of Donuts" & basketball (continued)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 17 20:03:08 UTC 1999

   A check of Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe and Dow Jones shows a hit in the Richmond Times-Dispatch, 3-22-90, pg. D-1.  This hit and most of the others are about Pete Gillen, basketball coach at Xavier University (in Cincinnati, OH) and later Providence University (in Providence, RI).
   "I'm just Joe Bag o' Donuts; I'm just Joe Slice of Pizza; I'm just a caraway seed in the bakery of life"--Joe Gillen in the San Diego Union-Tribune, 8 November 1990, pg. D-2.
   One legendary place in the history of college basketball is Kansas University.  Wilt Chamberlain went to KU.  At Lawrence, Kansas, there's a very popular place called Joe's Donuts.  If anyone contacts Pete Gillen, ask "Harvey Sweatsocks" if he ever ate at Joe's.