snickerdoodles

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Oct 22 21:38:10 UTC 1999

Bethany wrote:

I suspect that there may be some sort of s'mores/snickerdoodle isogloss,
though I have no idea where it is. We had s'mores when I was a kid --
I started hearing about snickerdoodles much later, thogh people seemed to
have known about them about as long as I khad known about s'mores (at
least by 1945-46).
<<<<<

Hmm... an isogloss separates areas where language differs. "Isocookie"?
"Isosnack"? "Isomunchie"?

OTOH, we could use a Greek root for 'food' and make it "isophorb".

OTGH, "gloss-" means 'tongue', and these certainly are for the tongue, so
"isogloss" might be just fine!

-- Mark