FUNERALIZE

No Name Available P2052 at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 23 23:39:42 UTC 1999

Has the verb, "funeralize" (which I've heard all my life in the
African-American community-- even in the speech of educated Blacks), been
recognized/ acknowledged by any legitimate sources?  I heard the word so
often when I was growing up that you can imagine my surprise to discover (in
an advanced grammar class in graduate school) that the word was not in any
dictionary.  Even then, I tried to argue that no other word effectively
captures all that is implied by the terrm.  If you know of any sources where
this term appears, please let me know ASAP.
                                    PAT WILLIAMS