Blood On the Moon

Stephanie Hysmith sh120888 at OHIO.EDU
Mon Oct 25 21:12:39 UTC 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:02:37 CST "BRITTANY M. BARBER"
<bar32571 at DELTA.OBU.EDU> wrote:

> Does the book of Revelation speak of the moon being a ball of blood?

I assume you read through the book. I skimmed and didn't see this
reference. On a Joel Cohen recording of the roots of American folk
music, they sing a traditional Sacred Harp song called the Great Day
written by J.P. Reese in 1859. The song is about the day of judgment as
from Matthew 12:36--"I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render
account for every careless word they utter."

I've a long time heard that there will be a judgment in that day. O,
sinner, where will you stand in that day?
...that the sun will be darkened...
...that the moon will be bleeding...
...that the earth will be burning.

Stephanie Hysmith