bad

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTK.EDU
Thu Sep 2 10:51:24 UTC 1999

Someone on another list just said:

At 08:10 PM 9/1/1999 -0400, Bethany K. Dumas wrote:
>A few years ago "bad" became a noun at least temporarily -- "That's my
>bad" -- though I have not heard it lately.

I'm sure we've discussed 'my bad' before on this <service>.  It's hardly a
phenomenon of just the past few years.  We used the term all the time (too
often, in my own case) on the volleyball court back when I was a regular
player in pickup games ... in Louisville in the mid-to-late 70s.

I had not heard of 70s usage before -- is this documented? (I have not
unpacked all my books yet.)

Bethany